Diversity Enrichment and Achievement Program
Connecting, affirming, guiding, and engaging students of color
to promote educational success!
The Diversity Enrichment and Achievement Program (DEAP) welcomes you! DEAP is a University College program designed to assist students of color at IUPUI in pursuing and obtaining their college degrees. The intensive retention program takes a holistic approach in serving students by addressing personal, academic, and social experiences that have an impact on student success. DEAP seeks to positively impact the personal development, retention, and graduation of students of color at IUPUI.
The benefits of participating in DEAP include:
- A supportive environment that seeks to connect with each student and build community among students of color.
- Academic check-ups and accountability sessions, including opportunities to address academic challenges proactively and develop success accountability plans.
- Direction and referral to campus and community resources.
- Peer tutoring resources (institutional, peer, and private).
- Designated study time (DST)—individualized study plans.
- Enhanced sense of belonging and social support through the Student African American Brotherhood (SAAB)/Brother2Brother and Student African American Sisterhood (SAAS)/Sister2Sister student organizations. Both organizations provide service opportunities, leadership development workshops/meetings, and connections with community members.