To avoid delays in processing your request, please read the following guidelines carefully and complete all requested information.
Students who have been dismissed from any campus of Indiana University are not eligible to enroll in any courses through IUPUI University College until they have been reinstated. By completing the online reinstatement petition, students are requesting reinstatement to IUPUI University College.
- If you have been away from IUPUI for two or more semesters, in addition to this petition, you must also complete the Admissions Office Returning Student Application at: http://enroll.iupui.edu/admissions/undergraduate/returning/
- University College and most IUPUI schools do not accept petitions for summer sessions.
- Students petitioning for reinstatement must demonstrate by their petitions and by their interviews that they have prepared themselves to have a reasonable chance of success once they return to their studies at IUPUI.
: Reinstatement is not automatic. Before being reinstated, students may be required to participate in placement testing, advising, online workshops, or other activities designed to help them succeed in their studies.
Your petition, together with the fee, must be submitted by the deadline below for the semester in which you wish to return:
- Spring Semester: August 1 to October 1
- Fall Semester: April 1 to June 1
If you do not want to pay by credit or debit card, petitions must be submitted to the address below in one of two ways. NOTE:
Due to the number of returned checks we have received in the past, we will only accept money orders
. No personal checks or cash will be accepted.
- By mail with a nonrefundable fee of $55 paid in full by money order ONLY
- In person with a nonrefundable fee of $55 paid in full by money order ONLY
For more information, please contact:
Beth Baker, Returning Student Specialist
Academic and Career Development