The Sarah Baker High Impact Practice Teaching Award recognizes a full-time or part-time IUPUI faculty member who has excelled at successfully integrating one or more high-impact practices into a first-year experience course. High-impact practices could include, but are not limited do, learning communities, service learning and community engagement, global learning, undergraduate research, collaborative assignments, project-based learning, writing intensive courses, and an ePortfolio, etc. A first-year experience course could include Bridge, First-Year Seminar, a Gateway Course, and a General Education course.
Sarah Baker High-Impact Practice Teaching Award
Recipients will be recognized at the Division of Undergraduate Education Spring Awards Convocation and be awarded a $1,000 monetary award.
The award is open to any full-time or part-time IUPUI faculty member who has successfully integrated at least one high-impact practice into an existing first-year experience course (e.g. Bridge, First-Year Seminar, Gateway or General Education).
- Evidence that the nominee has implemented a high-impact practice into an existing first-year experience course
- Evidence that contributions are sustainable over time.
- Evidence that contributions are innovative and demonstrate best practice. This may include ongoing professional development related to High-impact practices and/or the review and utilization of IUPUI’s Engaged Learning and High-Impact Practice Taxonomies
- Evidence that dissemination of information about one’s curricular innovation has occurred (e.g., presentation or publication)
- Documented assessment of impact on student learning and student engagement.
- The primary nominator completes the nomination form and writes a short letter (400 words or less) supporting the nomination. The primary nominator can submit this information by visiting this site.
- Nominees will be contacted by a representative from the Institute for Engaged Learning – and asked to submit:
- A personal narrative (up to 3 pages) that describes and documents how the award criteria are met
- A CV or professional resume
- 1 additional letter to support the nomination (this letter is in addition to the one submitted by the nominator)
Nominations will be accepted through 5:00pm on February 1. Please use this link to submit a nomination.
2022-2023 Lisa Angermeier
2021-2022 Lamia Scherzinger
2020-2021 Kathleen Marrs
2019-2020 Susan Meshulam
2018-2019 Audrey Ricke