Summer Bridge participants establish networks for success with faculty, advisors, student mentors, and other participants. The program is an opportunity to:
- Learn about college-level expectations for reading and writing
- Receive individualized support for math
- Begin connecting with a school and major
- Become acquainted with the IUPUI campus
- Gain experience in using instructional technology
Summer Bridge is a great way to help students start off their college careers on the right foot. Summer Bridge participants tend to have higher GPAs during their first semester than nonparticipants. In fact, nearly 60% of participants earn a 3.0 GPA or better. In addition, 96% of students who participate in the program say that it provided them with resources and information that helped them succeed in college.