Students must meet the following requirements to participate in the National Student Exchange:
- Have a cumulative GPA (major GPA and IU GPA) of 2.5 or higher (please note that some member schools require a higher minimum GPA)
- Complete at least 24 college credits prior to the exchange
- Complete at least two semesters (fall and spring) at IUPUI prior to the exchange
- Be enrolled full time in the current semester and agree to full-time enrollment while on the exchange
- Declare a major (exploratory students are ineligible to apply)
- Have no incomplete grades on transcript at time of application
Please note that applicants’ names will be submitted to the IUPUI Dean of Students office to verify they do not have any disciplinary records on file. Students admitted to NSE must ensure they do not have any financial obligations to IUPUI (e.g., bursar hold) and that they maintain eligibility to participate in the semester or summer session prior to going on the exchange. Please contact the NSE coordinator or assistant coordinator if you have any questions about eligibility requirements.