University College students who started at IUPUI as beginning freshmen and then reached 60 GPA credits or above (including any subsequent transfer credits) must quickly transition to their major in the degree-granting school to ensure on-time graduation. University College will regularly monitor and evaluate students’ academic progress toward admission to their degree-granting school. This policy applies to continuing University College students who started as new freshmen, continuing, and returning students who have earned 60 or more credits and are pursuing their first baccalaureate degree. Students who start at IUPUI as transfer students are not subject to this policy.
Beginning freshmen: defined as students who have no postsecondary credit earned after high school.
Continuing students: defined as students who were enrolled at IUPUI the previous semester.
Returning students: defined as students who return to enroll at IUPUI after an absence of one or more semesters and were not previously dismissed from an IU campus.
Satisfactory academic progress: students who have 60 credit hours or more must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and enroll in and successfully complete courses that meet the criteria for admission into a degree-granting school. Specifically,
- Students must apply or certify to their degree-granting program or school within 24 credits of entering this policy status. Enrollment through University College is not guaranteed upon completion of 24 credits while on this policy.
- Students will be placed on this policy with said restrictions for the duration of their enrollment as a University College student. Students will maintain an academic hold on their record for the duration of their enrollment as a University College student.
- The academic hold will restrict registration services and will be lifted after students meet with an academic advisor or are enrolled in a degree-granting school.
- Students must declare a specific major and develop a transition plan toward that major. University College reserves the right to restrict registration services until the student declares a major.
- Students will be required to meet with an academic advisor in University College each semester to complete and/or update their transition to degree-granting schools contract until they are accepted into their program.
- Students must enroll in coursework and meet course and program GPA requirements each semester as evidence of satisfactory academic progress toward acceptance into their degree program. University College reserves the right to restrict registration services if students fail to make satisfactory academic progress toward acceptance into their degree program.
Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 to maintain enrollment.